Monday, March 2, 2009

#3~'Grandma's Lemon Cupcakes'

Well, not my Grandmas cupcakes, but a recipe in an Esther Brody book I picked up a few years ago and have never used until today. There's sour cream in the batter, which was very thick and a bit hard to get into the cupcake liners, but they baked up just fine and are quite yummy!

I wasn't sure what to do about the frosting, but turned to page and found a lemon cream cheese icing! This made me happy as I didn't want to make lemon curd and don't like the taste of lemon extract. I used low fat cream cheese tho, so it's runny and has a bit of an aftertaste~lesson learned!! I added a ton more icing sugar but it didn't thicken up as much as I would have liked. From now on it's the full fat stuff for me! So a thumbs up for the cupcake and a thumbs down for the icing...

No comments:

Post a Comment